holy

Dennison and Furn Family updates

Natalie here--First I want to thank everyone for their prayers and concerns about Tom (aka Pops). His back surgery went really well and I picked him and Kathy up from the hospital yesterday to bring them back to home-sweet-home. Pops looked really good for having just had hardware screwed into his spinal column and he even was able to hold Sam and Johnny for a while after we got him settled. Ella is ecstatic to have her Grams and Pops back across the street and we are all glad to see Pops looking so well. I am sure there are pictures of Jen's blog which is in our sidebar if you'd like to take a look.

Another family member has also been heavy in my heart--my brother Donnie deployed a few days ago. He is in Kuwait for now, but will eventually end up in Mosul, Iraq. I know it is nothing new for many people in the US, and many who may read this blog, to have a family member deployed, but it is a first for me to have a sibling there. (My brother-in-law was deployed as well 2 years ago, but I didn't know him that well at the time.)

To say I am worried is of course an understatement. I try to not envision the worst, but the scarey thoughts kind of creep up on me. I love him so much and he is so special to me, to imagine him hurt or worst just makes me go a little crazy. So please keep those prayers coming folks, for Donnie and all of our soldiers. Envision a white light around them. May the Lord protect them and bring them safely home.

No comments: