holy

Visiting Papa

I took the girls up to the hospital to see Papa today. He was in great spirits and is always excited to see the girls. Ella was a little scared because I made a big deal about being careful around him. She even asked on the way up, "how can I show Papa I love him without giving hugs and kisses?" Even though I told her hugs and kisses would still be fine as long as they were gentle, she was still hesitant. At one point she ran over and snuck a kiss on his arm and ran back.
He showed her how his bed worked, his fancy pee bag, and of course his blood drainage bag. What a day.
Like I've said to many people, we all feel really excited after this surgery. It feels like we all have a chance to get healthy and to enjoy our lives. There has been a lot of pain and struggle lately, but God's hand is at work here. In my study recently I've been learning about how God works through processes, and that his work is never on my time table. It just feels like his work and his hand is all over this. I can feel him pulling us closer to him and to each other in a very healthy and genuine way. It feels like a great gift, a chance.
There is nothing we can do to earn this chance or make ourselves worthy. There is no perfection or number of actions required: believe in Him and love from the HEART, like he loves us...flaws and all.

1 comment:

Grams said...

It meant a lot to him to see the girls! Thanks for everything.